IT’S A GROUNDBREAKING DAY IN THE SEVEN NEIGHBORHOODS ON HARMONY OF THE SEAS
Harmony of the Seas is Royal Caribbean International’s latest architectural and engineering marvel, boasting spectacular onboard experiences. Distinctive to the Oasis-class ships is the exclusive and unique neighborhood concept – seven main themed areas providing guests with the opportunity to seek out a variety of relevant experiences based on their personal styles, preferences or moods.
The highlights of Harmony’s seven neighborhoods and exciting new features include:
Pool and Sports Zone
Stretching the length of the ship, the Pool and Sports Zone is an ample playground for guests of all ages, featuring four unique types of pools, two FlowRider surf simulators, a zip line, amazing views of Boardwalk and Central Park below, plus the introduction of a trio of water slides as well as the Ultimate Abyss.
- Perhaps the most anticipated feature onboard Harmony of the Seas is the Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide on the high seas, which will intimidate the bravest of guests and challenge them to prove their courage. Towering more than 150 feet above sea level, overlooking the AquaTheater at the aft of the ship, the pair of side-by-side slides will release adrenaline-seeking travelers into a chilling 100-foot drop that twists and turns in a serpentine-like movement from the Pool and Sports Zone on deck 16 to the Boardwalk on deck 6 below.
- The Perfect Storm trio of water slides also will thrill guests of all ages. These multi-story waterslides twist and turn over Central Park 10 decks below, with one slide featuring a champagne bowl that swirls guests around as they make their approach to the end of the ride.
- Families looking for fun in the sun will be delighted by Splashaway Bay, a vibrant waterscape for kids and toddlers with sea creature water cannons, winding slides, a gigantic drench bucket and a multi-platform jungle-gym to keep everyone entertained for hours.
- Another first-at-sea innovation, zip lines take guests on an exhilarating ride across an open-air atrium suspended nine decks high above Boardwalk – a distance of more than 82 feet (25 meters).
- The adults-only Solarium features a three-deck high, glass-paneled enclave designed with seating on various “islands” surrounded by water, providing guests with the sensation of floating on air. The open-air Solarium offers a tranquil swimming pool, two serene whirlpools, and four cantilevered whirlpools suspended 136 feet (41.5 meters) above the ocean.
- The Sports Deck boasts Royal Caribbean favorites, including two FlowRider surf simulators, a nine-hole miniature golf course, and the Sports Court, which allows for friendly games of basketball, volleyball and soccer.
This breathtaking neighborhood was inspired by both the seaside piers that dot the coast of England and the nostalgic boardwalks of yesteryear such as Coney Island. Boardwalk is an area for the entire family, whether young or just young at heart, to enjoy together. The elements of the Boardwalk are a dynamic way to engage families in classic fun with a colorful original carousel as well as casual eateries, retail outlets and carnival games. Signature elements of the Boardwalk include:
- A remarkable outdoor venue at the stern of the ship with a backdrop of the ocean across the horizon, AquaTheater is an amphitheater-style entertainment space celebrating water with a full spectrum of activities including water and light shows, professional aquatic acrobatic and synchronized swimming performances. One of the most technologically-advanced areas of the ship, AquaTheater is a complete sensory experience that plays on the element of surprise, as the latest technology and design features amaze audience members.
- For the young at heart, the Boardwalk features a custom-made carousel handcrafted from poplar wood exclusively for Royal Caribbean. The full-size, traditional carousel features 18 figures suspended from stainless steel poles showcasing a time-honored menagerie of animals.
- A selection of dining venues is available within Boardwalk, including the Royal Caribbean staple Johnny Rockets, as well as Sabor Modern Mexican and Starbucks Coffee.
- Two signature rock-climbing walls flank the AquaTheater, providing a more unique experience with multiple climbing routes. Each rock wall measures 43 feet tall (13.1 meters).
Royal Caribbean brings the outdoors in with Central Park, a revolutionary design in which the center of the ship opens to the sky and features lush, tropical grounds spanning more than the length of a football field. An upscale exquisite public gathering place featuring serene pathways, seasonal flower gardens and canopy trees, Central Park provides guests with more choices in a unique outdoor space. Combined with an incredible array of retail, entertainment and dining venues, as well as quiet nooks for reading and relaxing, Central Park is one of the ship’s most groundbreaking spaces.
- The park’s central piazza is the ship’s “town square,” which at night evolves into a gathering space for alfresco dining and entertainment.
- Central Park is home to some of the ship’s most popular specialty dining restaurants. Venues including 150 Central Park, Chops Grille and Vintages can be found here, as well as the addition of Jamie’s Italian, a Quantum-class favorite by world-renowned chef Jamie Oliver.
- Popular among guests, Dazzles is a spectacular venue – spanning two decks – with an expansive floor-to-ceiling window offering breathtaking views of the Boardwalk below. Located near Central Park, the dedicated dance lounge offers a variety of musical experiences ranging from 1940’s big band to disco to ballroom evenings. During the day, Dazzles is open for guests to enjoy the view of the bustling activity on the Boardwalk over a drink or to learn a new dance move with a professional dance instructor.
A natural but significant evolution of the line’s signature Royal Promenade featured on the cruise line’s Voyager- and Freedom-class ships, the design found on Harmony allows guests to have a physical connection with the neighborhood above – Central Park – as natural light cascades down from the sky.
- Harmony of the Seas is the first Oasis-class ship to feature the futuristic Bionic Bar, a technology-forward venue complete with two robotic bartenders that shake, muddle and mix a wide variety of drinks made just to order.
- The Rising Tide Bar – the world’s first moving bar at sea – is an engineering feat that spans three decks and allows cruisers to enjoy a cocktail as they slowly move between Central Park on deck eight and the Royal Promenade on deck five.
- Located towards the aft of the Royal Promenade, a mezzanine level allows for sweeping views of the Promenade and features the cruise line’s signature Schooner Bar.
- Dining options include Royal Caribbean staples, Sorrento’s and Café Promenade.
Entertainment Place is the life of the ship after dark. This contemporary nightclub district features signature after-dark spaces in more intimate venues, delivering a variety of entertainment each night and providing guests the opportunity to customize their evening experiences.
- Seating 1,380 guests, the Royal Theater is home to two headline shows: an all-new, never-before-seen stage production of the musical Grease specially adapted by Royal Caribbean Productions, as well as Columbus, The Musical!, a comedic, original Royal Caribbean production that recounts the imagined history of Marvin Columbus, Christopher’s fictional, down-on-his-luck, distant cousin.
- Studio B will be home to two new ice skating extravaganzas. 1887 is an original Royal Caribbean ice skating production about love and adventure that begins in Paris on February 14, 1887 at the height of the career of Jules Verne. The iSkate Showcase is an ice show unlike any other where Royal Caribbean’s talented skaters put their best blade forward in a dazzling showcase of their very best moves set to their own favorite tunes. The cast goes rogue and anything can happen!
- Inspired by prohibition-era Chicago, Jazz on 4, provides an intimate experience as guests enjoy soulful Jazz and Blues rhythms.
- Those in need of a good belly laugh will be drawn to Comedy Live, the comedy club where headline acts interact with the audience to provide engaging and customized performances each evening.
A haven for children and teens, this spacious home to the award-winning Adventure Ocean youth program features a wealth of kid- and teen-friendly adventures than ever seen on a cruise ship.
- Adventure Ocean program age groups each have its own dedicated space: Royal Babies and Tots, ages six months to two years; Aquanauts, ages 3 to 5; Explorers, ages 6 to 8; and Voyagers, ages 9 to 11.
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots is the cruise line’s nursery for infants and toddlers (six months or older). This colorful space serves as a fully-staffed nursery where children can be left in the care of Royal Caribbean’s trained professionals, and also is the venue for various playgroups for babies and tots. Open daily, the nursery offers parents childcare drop-off options in the daytime and evening, carefully maintaining an optimum staff-to-child ratio.
- Harmony of the Seas will feature common play areas, including Imagination Studio where children can explore the world of color and imagination through arts and crafts; a fully-equipped lab for Adventure Science Lab, where Einsteins-in-the-making can expand their knowledge; Play, a circular area where children can rollick and participate in a variety of sports and games; and Adventure Ocean Theater, the first-ever children’s theater at sea.
- Longtime favorite Royal Caribbean teen-only spaces, Fuel Disco and The Living Room, return aboard Harmony of the Seas. A spacious outdoor deck adjacent to these venues gives teens the freedom and opportunity to find new friends while on their cruise vacation.
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
The Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness neighborhood encompasses various amenities that support healthy lifestyles and cater to complete body wellness. Here guests can soothe mind, body and soul through the most advanced spa and anti-aging therapies, the latest fitness equipment and healthy dining options.
- The Vitality at Sea Spa includes a Thermal Suite, featuring heated ceramic loungers, saunas and steam rooms; 29 treatment rooms including three couples massage suites and seven individual treatment rooms – the largest collection at sea.
- As a precursor to any treatment, guests are encouraged to begin the spa experience by unwinding in the calming relaxation rooms.
- Kids and teens have a dedicated spa of their own, Yspa, in which to enjoy specially catered services.
- The Fitness Center offers vacationers a plentiful and varied selection of exercise machines including the latest cardio and resistance equipment for working out alone or for joining one of the several classes, such as spinning, kickboxing, Pilates and yoga.
# # #