HARMONY OF THE SEAS SERVES UP A WORLD OF DINING OPTIONS
Harmony of the Seas, the world’s largest and most dynamic cruise ship, delivers more variety and flexibility in dining at sea than ever before. With more than 20 distinct dining experiences, guests can enjoy a multi-sensory lineup ranging from exclusive signature restaurants to neighborhood-specific venues, some created in collaboration with world-renowned chefs, and others offering new culinary twists of palate-pleasing choices. The plethora onboard Harmony includes:
Catering to travelers’ varying preferences, guests can choose to make their dining arrangements with My Time Dining, offering traditional or flexible seating times, and a few other options including:
- My Time Dining – My Time Dining provides guests the option to enjoy the dining room ambiance with Royal Caribbean’s renowned Gold Anchor Service each evening of their cruise. Guests can select traditional or flexible dining times. With flexible dining times, vacationers have the convenient options of booking their specific seating times each evening or simply walk into the restaurant.
- My Family Time Dining – This option is designed to accommodate families dining with young cruisers, ages 3-11, during early seating only. With an expedited 40-minute dining service, kids will be picked up by Adventure Ocean staff and taken back to the Youth Zone while parents continue enjoying their dining experience.
- DreamWorks Character Breakfast – Guests have the opportunity to attend an exclusive breakfast with the delightful characters from DreamWorks Animation. At least once per cruise, for a nominal charge, travelers must pre-register for this fun-filled experience, which can include Po of Kung Fu Panda; Shrek, Fiona and Puss in Boots from Shrek; and from Madagascar, Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien and the Penguins.
- Brasserie 30 – One of the most popular lunch options onboard Royal Caribbean ships, Brasserie 30 is a classic, casual option in the main dining room. Guests can opt for a “quick lunch” with a 30-minute service guarantee or a simple, relaxed experience – whatever suits their mood or schedule. A bountiful tossed-to-order salad station, allows vacationers to choose from a large variety of ingredients to create their own personal salad, assisted by Harmony’s dedicated chefs.
Harmony touts eight signature specialty restaurants known for providing award-winning quality, presentation and service. These venues, available for a nominal fee, include:
- Wonderland – The two-story dining venue – first introduced onboard the Quantum class ships – delivers an experience unlike any other and takes guests on a unique culinary adventure for the senses. Located in the Central Park neighborhood, the chefs’ twist their culinary kaleidoscopes in a whimsical setting that challenges the imagination with incredibly unique fare. The restaurant offers a new dedicated bar where mixologists create fanciful cocktails.
- Izumi – This Asian cuisine restaurant with heavy Japanese influences features a full sushi bar, teppanyaki, Hot Rock Ishiyaki dishes and more, all made with intense flavors, fresh ingredients and impeccable presentation, and is open for lunch and dinner.
- Chops Grille – A classic American Steakhouse located in Central Park, featuring dry-aged steak options, and the finest cuts of beef available only in top steakhouses around the world.
- Coastal Kitchen – A concept created exclusively for Royal Suite Class guests enjoying their cruise in Grand Suites and above, as well as Pinnacle members of the Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program. This venue fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands.
- Vintages – Located in Central Park, the wine bar offers a tapas menu with a wide selection of appetizers and Spanish-influenced specialties to accompany a robust selection of fine wines. It also features an electronic interactive wine menu, and is open for lunch and dinner.
- Sabor – A modern twist on Mexican favorites reimagined with fresh, simple ingredients, this restaurant features signature guacamole, margaritas crafted tableside and its own bar.
- Chef’s Table – A private 16-seat community table that features a delectable wine-pairing dinner with approximately five to six courses. The experience is hosted each night by an executive chef and a sommelier that describes each dish and the preparation, and provides in-depth details about the special wines of the evening. Several dishes are also prepared tableside enhancing the dining experience.
- Johnny Rockets – The classic 1950s-style diner, serving the best burgers at sea, is another guest-favorite onboard Royal Caribbean’s ships.
CELEBRITY CHEF PARTNERSHIPS
As part of its specialty dining offerings, Royal Caribbean continues to partner with several award-winning, world-renowned chefs for its newest Oasis-class ship. The collaboration with each partner shares the same philosophy and thinking towards food and dining. Chefs currently working with Harmony are:
- Jamie Oliver – Nestled in the Central Park neighborhood, Harmony of the Seas is the first Oasis-class ship to feature an outpost of the hugely popular restaurant by top chef Jamie Oliver – Jamie’s Italian. The menu features rustic, Italian dishes that are all made using the best fresh seasonal ingredients, and Jamie Oliver’s tried, tested and loved recipes.
- Michael Schwartz – The James Beard Award-winning chef has reimagined the signature 150 Central Park with a seasonal tasting menu. Located in the Central Park neighborhood, the restaurant highlights the best of artisanal ingredients and delivers simple, elegant American dining. The venue offers rotating six-course menus, including special items served tableside such as a world-class cheese cart, and allows guests to explore something new each time.
As proof of the brand’s commitment to quality and value, Royal Caribbean provides a broad choice of complimentary casual dining options. There are also 12 self- and quick-service dining venues onboard, including:
- Mini Bites – Located in the Pool and Sports Zone neighborhood and popular with teens, this casual buffet offers a variety of options – from pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads, to quick snacks and desserts; it’s open for breakfast and lunch.
- Park Café – Housed in the Central Park neighborhood, this casual dining choice is designed as an indoor/outdoor gourmet market with walk-up counters. Menu choices include freshly prepared salads, made-to-order sandwiches, paninis, hearty soups and desserts. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- Windjammer Marketplace – The updated and enhanced Windjammer is now a global culinary pavilion onboard Harmony, where guests enjoy the new dedicated bakery and pastry station. Featuring various themes from one day to the next, the venue offers the familiar along with a culinary journey throughout the cruise, for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.
- Sorrento’s Pizzeria – A New York-style pizza restaurant for a quick slice of pizza or pizzas made to order, located on the Royal Promenade.
- Solarium Bistro – Located all the way forward in the Solarium area, this buffet restaurant offers spa cuisine for breakfast and lunch.
- Café Promenade – Offers sandwiches, pastries, cookies and other snacks, 24 hours a day.
- Vitality Café – A casual spot that provides healthy snacks, energy and nutritional bars, fruit juices, protein shakes, and more for guests in the Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center.
Harmony’s dedicated food and beverage team – comprised of approximately 46 different nationalities – strives to provide the best culinary experience at sea and includes more than 240 culinary staff, 530 restaurant staff, 180 beverage staff and 90 galley stewards.