ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES BOLD EUROPEAN LINEUP IN 2022
New Ships in Italy and Scandinavia, and New Itineraries from Spain Offer Fresh Adventures for Summer Vacations
MIAMI, Dec. 3, 2020 – Royal Caribbean International will bring new ways to explore Europe in summer 2022 with a fresh mix of ships, new itineraries and destinations across the region – from Italy and Israel to the British Isles and the Arctic Circle. Guests can experience culture-rich adventures on board ships new to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe with Brilliance of the Seas sailing roundtrip from Venice, Italy and Voyager of the Seas launching her first season in the Baltic Sea – the first in the Voyager Class to do so. A game-changing lineup of guest favorites, Anthem, Allure and Odyssey of the Seas – Royal Caribbean’s second Quantum Ultra Class ship debuting in 2021 – will return to their respective homeports in Southampton, England; Barcelona and Rome to create a summer of memory-making in Europe’s most sought-after destinations.
Royal Caribbean’s 2022 Europe season opens for bookings on Friday, Dec. 4, 2020; Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members can book as soon as today.
Sail the Mediterranean from Italy
- Odyssey will return to Rome and set sail on 7- and 9-night cruises to the Greek Isles and Turkey, and 12-night Holy Land sailings. Guests can relish in sun-soaked destinations the scenic shores and ancient ruins of Santorini, Mykonos, Athens and Rhodes, Greece; Ephesus, Turkey; Naples/Capri, Italy; and Haifa and Jerusalem, Israel. New in 2022, Holy Land itineraries will call on Limassol, Crete, a bustling city designated in its entirety as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visiting the Mediterranean’s most alluring cities and famed beach destinations, Brilliance will embark on 7-night cruises to Greece and Croatia, and the Greek Isles. Starting in Venice (Ravenna), Italy, guests can explore picturesque coastline cities, such as Dubrovnik, Croatia and Athens, and enjoy the multihued waters and beaches of Mykonos and the waterfront tavernas of Santorini.
Explore Europe from Spain
- Oasis Class returns to Barcelona with Allure setting sail for the Western Mediterranean on 7-night cruises that include late nights in Rome, Naples/Capri and Florence/Pisa, Italy. For those wishing to start and end their trip in Italy, roundtrip sailings from Rome are also available.
- Vision of the Seaswill introduce new 8-night Western Mediterranean cruises for the summer and, starting in September 2022, add shorter, 5-night sailings for the autumn months. The ship will visit the famed coastal cities of the French Riviera, including Toulon, France and Monte Carlo, Monaco; and Italy’s Cagliari, Sardinia and Palermo, Sicily.
British and Baltic Adventures
- Voyager will embark on her inaugural Northern Europe season, offering 7-, 10- and 11-night adventures on the Baltic Sea, roundtrip from Copenhagen (May to June and August) and Stockholm (July). Guests will have a bucket list-worthy collection of destinations to explore, from the captivating beauty of the Norwegian fjords to Europe’s oldest medieval town in Tallinn, Estonia, along with overnight stays in St. Petersburg to experience the art and culture of Russia by day and night.
- Jewel of the Seas will introduce a new itinerary for the cruise line in September 2022. The 9- and 10-night, open-jaw sailings between Tarragona, Spain and Athens visit Olympia and Santorini, Greece; Monte Carlo; the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera, among other ports of call. Before repositioning to Tarragona, Jewel will offer a diverse mix of 12-night itineraries from Amsterdam to awe-inspiring destinations, including Iceland, the British Isles, Arctic Circle and Norwegian fjords.
- Anthem will arrive to Southampton for the second consecutive year in May 2022, and embark on a variety of 7-, 12 and 14-night cruises to Northern Europe, the Iberian Peninsula, Western Mediterranean and Canary Islands.
- Adventure seekers can opt for 7-night cruises to visit Norway’s coastline and take in the picturesque ports and breathtaking views of the fjords, experience Scandinavia’s local city life or discover the world of wine tasting in France and tapas tours in Spain.
- Guests looking for a longer summer vacation with sun-filled days can head south to the Canary Islands on a 12-night cruise, sailing to Vigo, Spain; Lisbon and Madeira, Portugal; as well as Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
- Travelers can also escape to the Mediterranean’s best beaches and bustling, culture-rich cities on a 14-night itinerary that includes Nice, France; Rome and Naples, Italy; Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Palma De Mallorca and Ibiza, Spain; and Lisbon.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 16 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.
Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
Royal Caribbean International is applying the recommendations of its Healthy Sail Panel of public health and scientific experts to provide a safer and healthier cruise vacation on all of its sailings. Health and safety protocols, regional travel restrictions and clearance to visit ports of call, are subject to change based on ongoing evaluation, public health standards, and government requirements. For more information on the latest health and travel alerts, U.S. government travel advisories, please visit the itinerary updates page or consult travel advisories, warnings or recommendations relating to cruise travel on applicable government websites.
October 2019 – Debuting May 2021 in Haifa, Israel for her inaugural summer season,Odyssey of the Seas will tout a vibrant, two-level pool deck, where two resort-style pools, a kids aqua park and four whirlpools are surrounded by shady casitas and hammocks, perfect for enjoying the sea breeze under the sun and stars.
*Updated February 2021
October 2019* – Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas
will tout a brand-new look to match the fleet’s most action-packed top deck
to date, and a mix of record-holding hits and groundbreaking firsts for a game-changing cruise vacation. The second Quantum Ultra Class ship arrives to Haifa, Israel in May 2021 and Fort Lauderdale, Florida in November.*Updated February 2021
From Central Park to the Pool and Sports Zone with FlowRider surf simulators and a zip line, to the Boardwalk and Youth Zone, Allure of the Seas offers thrills and relaxation for travelers of all ages with Royal Caribbean’s signature seven-neighborhood concept.
Anthem of the Seas offers a lineup of thrilling experiences. From the RipCord by iFly sky diving experience to the North Star glass observation capsule that takes vacationers more than 300 feet above the ocean, to robust culinary experiences and the Bionic Bar robot bartenders, there are adventures for guests of all ages.