ELEMENTS OF WONDER SET STAGE FOR NEW ROYAL CARIBBEAN ENTERTAINMENT ON WONDER OF THE SEAS
A Wonder for the Senses Across Air, Ice, Water and Stage, Four Signature Productions Will Debut
MIAMI, Feb. 18, 2022 – Royal Caribbean International, among the world’s largest producers of live entertainment, unveiled the lineup of multisensory, original entertainment to come on the highly anticipated Wonder of the Seas. Befitting of the world’s newest wonder, adventure and innovation will come to life across the cruise line’s four signature and high-tech “stages,” air, ice, stage and water, with four new productions: “inTENse,” performed by the first all-woman cast in the open-air AquaTheater; “365: The Seasons on Ice” at the iconic ice skating rink, Studio B; “The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn;” and “Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale” in the Royal Theater.
The talent of more than 100 world-class performers and technicians will meet cutting-edge technology within the enveloping, state-of-the-art venues synonymous with Royal Caribbean:
- inTENse – The AquaTheater’s first and mighty all-woman cast dials up the energy and intensity in the one-of-a-kind, open-air amphitheater with the deepest pool at sea. Awe-inspiring athleticism will be on full display for this high-octane show as the epic cast performs Olympic-level dives from as high as 55 feet, slacklining feats, tumbling, aerial acrobatics and more, punctuated by inspiring lighting and sound for a fully immersive adventure.
- 365: The Seasons on Ice – In the one and only Studio B, a unique story of the earth’s changing seasons is told through the artistic movement of champion ice skaters. Performers will embody the flow of time as their characters and their every move are accentuated by innovative projection mapping, colorful lighting and images, and sound, which transform the venue from one season to the next.
- The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn – Debuting later this year in the Royal Theater, Royal Caribbean’s very own superheroes – The Effectors: Captain Viz, Lume, Pixel and Reverb – return in an exhilarating, high-tech battle with their archnemesis Crash and his new sidekick Burn. The heroes will use their superpowers, based on artistic talents, performance skills and the unlimited power of creativity, to save the planet and edge out their rivals once and for all. The latest installment of The Effectors is bigger and bolder, featuring trailblazing applications of autonomous technology pioneered by Royal Caribbean.
- Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale – The modern world of virtual communication fuses with the evocative power of live performances in an all-new style of musical production. The Royal Theater’s bespoke show, featuring a wondrous medley of music, singing and dancing, will underscore the unifying power of performance art.
In addition to Wonder’s original entertainment, a robust slate of live music throughout Royal Caribbean’s latest innovative ship creates the ultimate vacation soundtrack day and night:
- Live country music brings together the wholesome, southern hospitality experience at The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar. The homey tunes are served up with brunch, dinner and late-night menus of southern staples and a collection of bourbon and American whiskeys.
- Vacation vibes are unmatched on Wonder’s vibrant pool deck, where guests can kick back, enjoy the pools, sip cocktails from The Lime & Coconut and groove to live Caribbean music, DJs and surprise performances throughout the day.
- Music Hall offers live performances every night for vacationers to rock out with a tribute band, keep it mellow with a jazz ensemble or dance like no one is watching with the Royal Caribbean house band.
- A Royal Caribbean fan-favorite, the Stowaway Piano roving pianoplayer plays their own twist on classic tunes wherever the piano can roll.
- Boleros heats things up with its Latin flavor, thanks to a six-piece band playing salsa, cumbia, merengue, samba and more.
- The English pub, Cask & Clipper, serves ales on tap alongside a steady stream of acoustic performances for a truly authentic experience.
- Accompanying an extensive menu of classic and signature cocktails, piano performers set the tone in the signature Schooner Bar.
Vacationers can set sail on board the world’s newest wonder as soon as March 4, 2022, when Wonder officially debuts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Adventures for all ages are on the horizon across dining, entertainment, thrills, technology and more on board, making Wonder the ultimate vacation. The highly anticipated ship sets sail to the Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale (March – April 2022), the Mediterranean from Barcelona, Spain, and Rome (May – October 2022) and back to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral (year-round starting November). For more details about Wonder, including sailings now open for bookings, visit Royal Caribbean’s website.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International, owned by Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL), has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel that features the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to 240 destinations in 61 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 19 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards.
Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
Wonder of the Seas Steel Cutting to Delivery Mashup
January 2022 – Wonder of the Seas has officially joined Royal Caribbean International’s award-winning lineup of ships. The next of the revolutionary Oasis Class, the ultimate vacation debuts adventures for all ages across thrills, entertainment, dining and nightlife on March 4, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, before sailing to the Mediterranean in May. Highlights on board include eight unique neighborhoods, featuring the new Suite Neighborhood, an interactive, open-air play area for kids – Wonder Playscape – a new restaurant and bar, The Mason Jar, and more.
Wonder of the Seas to Make 2022 Debut in U.S. and Europe
September 2021 – Paving the way for the biggest adventure yet, Royal Caribbean has announced Wonder of the Seas, the world’s largest cruise ship, will debut in the U.S. and Europe. Wonder’s first cruise is set to sail to the Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in March 2022 before kicking off vacations in the Mediterranean from Barcelona and Rome in May 2022. Families and travelers of all ages have a new wave of possibilities across Wonder’s eight distinct neighborhoods, a Royal Caribbean first. There will be all-new features such as the Suite Neighborhood, a cantilevered pool bar named The Vue, and Wonder Playscape – an interactive, open-air kids’ play area with awe-inspiring views. Returning favorites are also in store, like The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea; Central Park, the neighborhood filled with real plants from end to end; the vibrant Caribbean-inspired pool deck experience and much more.
Taking the Stage: Behind-the-Scenes of Royal Caribbean's State-of-the-Art Studio
The largest entertainment producer in the world, Royal Caribbean International, operates a 132,500-square-foot facility that produces world-class entertainment for its fleet of ships around the world. The Royal Caribbean Production Studio, located on Florida International University's Biscayne Bay campus in Miami, FL, includes three-story studios, a 300-seat theater, a 20,000-square-foot costume-making facility, 10 rehearsal studios, audio rooms, a gym and residences for its singers, dancers and choreographers.
January 2022 – Wonder of the Seas has officially joined Royal Caribbean International’s award-winning lineup of ships. The next of the revolutionary Oasis Class, the world’s newest wonder debuts the ultimate combination of new and returning adventures for all ages on March 4, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, before sailing to the Mediterranean in May.
Photo credit: Sigrun Sauerzapfe aka SIGGI.